All Sections

Couple die of carbon monoxide poisoning after having sex in car

A couple died during sex in their car after being poisoned by carbon monoxide fumes. 

A couple who had sex in their car whilst leaving the engine running have been poisoned by the deadly carbon monoxide fumes. 40-year-olds Keith Payton and Salina Johnson, from Pennsylvania, USA, were discovered by police with their car parked in a closed garage. The car’s ignition was on, but the car had run out of fuel. A kerosene heater was also on but that had run out of fuel too. Ms Johnson was found partially clothed

Upon discovering the couple, police detected dangerously high levels of carbon monoxide. They also found marijuana and drug paraphernalia inside the car. 

It is believed that Mr Payton had driven to the garage to pick up something for his brother. The couple were only discovered by the garage owner after Mr Payton’s worried brother raised the alarm. 

The tragedy is similar to a recent story of a couple who also died of carbon monoxide poisoning after parking their car in a garage. Melissa Pereira, 25, and Jorge Rodriguez, 24, were found three weeks after they disappeared for a romantic weekend in December to celebrate their anniversary. 

But they never checked into their Pennsylvanian bed and breakfast hotel, and detectives found the couple dead in their car, which was parked in a garage in New Jersey with an empty gas tank and dead battery.

Ms Pereira’s uncle Sham Bacchus said: “They’re kids. They might have wanted some quiet time together.”



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *